Monday, March 25, 2013

It's spring, why is there snow on the ground?

So I saw the place I am potentially moving to next month. I could spy on my Dad's computer right now and see what he told the realtor, but I actually want to be surprised with the good news when it is official. It is a townhouse with 2 bedrooms, a bathroom upstairs and a powder room downstairs. A washer/dryer *which I am in love with I must say* and a dishwasher. Haha, I am living the high life. After living in the apartment for 4 years with basically no amenities I am happy to be finally getting something and living somewhere I can finally call home. I mean, I didn't even have Oliver's ashes in these apartments because I never felt like they were home to me. I will have his ashes with me in this new place. I am thinking of throwing a housewarming party for a select few friends and family. I am looking forward to seeing who I will meet by the pool this summer. I have been volunteering some of my time with NAMI but my therapist thinks I should be getting paid for what I do, so I am still contemplating working. I think it would boost my self esteem. Not going straight into full time, but like 10 hours a week to start. And not in the morning, because I still have insomnia problems. But I don't want a night shift either, so I will figure it out. I do want to go back to working with the elderly because they really are wonderful people to work with. Well, most of them. I had like one case where I couldn't even be near the woman she was so out of her mind I was going to go out of my mind if I kept working with her. I have been walking almost everyday for an hour and I can see an improvement in my body. Today it snowed so I couldn't go outside and walk and I don't have my treadmill here... so... but tomorrow it will be in the 40s so I can go out. As for Matt... I can't unblock a number once it's been blocked in the Mr. Number app on my phone, so wherever he goes next I will talk to him. I hung out with Gail last week and talked with his dad and I am going to see them again probably Wednesday. Matt has tried to call me a few times, I think 3 or 4 in the past few days, but it always hangs up on him because of that app. I really do miss him, and I hope he gets the help he needs rather than wasting away in jail. He needs intensive therapy with people who know what they're doing and have seen this kind of problem with someone with a mental illness. I just hope it happens or he is going to learn nothing and come out and have nothing to show for the time he did. I am going to be his friend. He needs a friend right now. I don't plan on ever dating him again, or living with him, or really anyone else for that matter because of how fucked up people are, but I will be his friend. He will be a registered sex offender anyway, and I don't want the value of my property going down because of that. Like I said, take care of yourself... I am no one's savior and I don't want anyone trying to save me, so why should I be out trying to save the world? Really... shaking my head or smh. I just want to say here how awesome my whole family is and how glad I am I didn't choose drugs over them. My Mom is a great person and I am glad I have a better relationship with her now than I did say, 10 years ago. I am lucky to have these people in my life... We have had our differences but really, you need to be able to get along with your family and show them that you care about them. They are your family. Almost time for the Carrie Diaries. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment